The REALIE blog is live, & Francesca is in France!

The REALIE website
The REALIE website

Three months since I first started working on the REALIE website, the blog has been launched with a series of introductory posts from our student contributors! With Southampton Humanities students studying and/or working across the world throughout the upcoming academic year, the blog will be full of personal experiences, tips, hints and advice for fellow Residency Abroad students and those who are thinking of studying/working abroad.

Over the coming weeks each of our student contributors will be introduced on the site, and you will then be able to follow their journeys and see their development on both a personal and professional level. I have been looking forward to this part of the project, as I am excited to share REALIE with the contributors and online audience.

In the last few weeks, aside from organising the blog and communicating with contributors across the globe (with one or two technical problems!), I have also been developing materials to inform both current and prospective Humanities students of the project; ensuring that students are aware of REALIE and can get the most out of the website and blog as an employability resource.

Whilst the summer internships are coming to an end in Southampton, I am lucky enough to be able to continue my work with Mission Employable during my Year Abroad. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience this summer as an intern for Mission Employable and feel incredibly fortunate to have been given this opportunity, which allows me to work with a new team and develop my own skills. I have learnt so much from the experience and look forward to continuing my work with Mission Employable and the REALIE project.

Francesca