Calysta UK Ltd is located in the Wilton Centre, Redcar, Cleveland and is part of the Calysta Inc. group headquartered in Menlo Park, USA. Calysta Inc. focuses on natural gas as a feedstock to produce sustainable chemicals and the animal feed ingredient FeedKind. Natural gas is one of the world’s most abundant, economic forms of carbon, yet it is virtually untapped as a feedstock.
To participate and develop this potentially transformational opportunity we seek candidates with good microbial fermentation skills.
Associate Scientist (Fermentation)
Calysta is facing a very exciting time with increased activity and the establishment of our FeedKind Market Introduction Facility at the Wilton Centre, Teesside. We seek two Research Assistants that will contribute to our team in order to further develop the Calysta fermentation technology platform. It is expected that you will be a structured individual, and will have good scientific and analytical capabilities, be confident, flexible and proactive.
Calysta will be hiring Fermentation Associate Scientist for the fermentation lab, with expertise in:
The candidate will have biological background and experience with microbial fermentation, sample extraction and analysis using a variety of different methods and tools. The job holder will also be responsible for fermentation equipment maintenance and assay execution, as well as data analysis, and results interpretation. The role will require minimum of a MSc in Fermentation/Microbiology, or biology or related field, with hands-on experience of handling fermentation processes and equipment. The candidate must be able to work both independently and within a small team environment.
It will also during production campaigns be necessary to work outside normal working hours.
Join our team and build the future with us. Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “UK Fermentation”
RESPONSIBILITIESResponsible for running and maintenance of laboratory scale fermentation equipment
- Develop fermentation procedures and protocols for day to day activities.
- Strong knowledge in health and safety aspects of day to day running the lab
- Helping to design experiments to fermentation assitants, analysing and interpreting data.
- Able to analyse fermentation samples using microbiological and analytical techniques such as plating, cell counts and knowledge in analytical techniques such as HPLC is a plus.
- In cooperation with colleagues, to develop and find new solutions for improved fermentation processes.
- Trouble shooting of fermentation processes
- Other duties assigned by the management
Education: Minimum of MSc microbial fermentation, or microbiology with a focus on development of microbial fermentations
- Experience: At least 4 years hands- on experience within fermentation ideally in an industrial setting or academic background with experience will be considered.
- Experience in working with various fermentation modes including batch, fed-batch continuous with strong understanding of microbial physiology
- Experience with process equipment and lab scale processing issues.
- Be independent and manage day to day laboratory work
- Ability to work autonomously with little supervision
- Ability to be adapt in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Experience working in a collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Willing to work outside normal working hours when is required.
- Data analysis and presenting them to management team
Calysta can offer
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- A committed, high-energy environment in which to work
- Work with highly motivated and skilled colleagues