There’s some exciting new features in v1.5 of Graphite:
- Added “resource-description” which allows you to create subgraphs, JSON trees and extract graphs from a SPARQL endpoint without needing to learn SPARQL!
- Added dumpText() for command-line debugging/resource inspecting.
- Added prettyLink() and link() for easier HTML creation, and supporting functions for setting mailto: and tel: icons.
- Added functions to set addional relations to be considered for label()
- Added datatype() and language() to get those values from a literal.
- addTriple() and addCompressedTriple() allow individual triples to be added to the graph.
- freeze() and thaw() make it possible to cache an indexed graph to disk for faster load times.
That first one is the really cool one; it makes it really easy to build HTML pages from SPARQL, and expose the data as RDF and JSON documents.
And I’ve spent my Sunday morning getting it all documented!