University of Southampton is hosting a number of FutureLearn MOOCs covering topic areas ranging from web science and digital marketing through to the PORTUS project. A team of academics associated with the project our postgraduate researchers and some research fellows are tracking developments of theMOOCs. We are also working in collaboration with other universities hosting future learn MOOCs to investigate the bigger picture.
- via the Future Learn Academic Network
- direct collaboration with UEA and Reading University
Following on from the Hackathon in May 2015 two interns are joining us over the summer to work on visualising data within MOOCs.
Questions which are being addressed include:
- What is the pattern of student discussion?
- How are conversations seeded and sustained?
- Are there different interaction patterns associated with different types of learners
- Is there evidence within conversations that learning is taking place?