In the beginning of the week I managed to finalise all of the python scripts that I had been working on. At this moment I have successfully produced scripts that filter and visualise the following data:
- Step activity by day
- Step activity by time
- Number of comment replies per step
Additionally, I can export the script generated tables to JSON, although some further work into desired formatting is needed.
From Wednesday onwards we focussed on WAISFest. We took part in Chris’s team and we worked on developing a learner course on Data Science in the form of an iBook. The experience was both enjoyable and valuable as I got to use Google Charts for the first time and I can now successfully visualise data from JSON files which will probably be needed for the main project.
Next week I will use the knowledge I’ve gathered to develop an animated visualisation of weekly activity on Google Charts.
In additional, I tried different ways to improve the efficiency for converting csv into MySQL as well. However, it seems a bit difficult for me currently because of lacking of experience in MySQL. Next week I will read more documents related to MySQL and find some better method to improve it.
In next week, we will continue our MOOC project. We planned to start a initial report, it may be just a simple draft, talking some background of our project. More detail will be discussed in next week.