- CLLEAR seminar Friday 6th October: Prof Tania Ionin 26/09/2017
- TNS Workshop 6th July 19/06/2017
- CLLEAR Thurs 25th May @ 4pm: Prof Jennifer Smith and Dr Sophie Holmes-Elliot 22/05/2017
- CLLEAR Seminar Wednesday 17th May: Prof Alessandro Benati 11/05/2017
- CLLEAR Seminar Friday 5th May: Dr Neal Snape 27/04/2017
Welcome to the Institute for Language and Culture (ILC) at the University of Southampton!
The Institute brings together researchers from Modern Languages, Film and other disciplines in the Faculty of Humanities and wider University with two main aims: to promote innovative research on language and culture, and to bring the findings of our research and related activities to wider publics.
The ILC is made up of scholars working in language and culture research within many fields in Modern Languages, together with colleagues in Film, the Parkes Institute for the Study of Jewish/non-Jewish relations and the Faculty of Humanities. Postgraduate research students undertaking research in all areas of language and culture are associate members of the ILC, and are involved in organizing dedicated events and workshops.
You can find out more about the ILC, our research centres, our researchers and their projects and publications from this welcome page. Please join us in extending the work of the ILC by attending events in our seminar series.
Professor Mary Orr, Director of the ILC.