Topic 3 – Reflection

It was surprising the amount of influence an online professional profile can have on a person’s job opportunity. From my research that I gathered during the process of writing the post, I found some rather high figures from the Jobvite survey. These figures really helped open my eyes to how important it is and how much effort I will need to put into my own profile, to get it ready my search for a profession after my third year.

From the majority of the blogs from the class members that I read on this topic, I could see one of the best tools to develop your online professional profile would be to use LinkedIn. Zia’s blog gave some good information on the site but also gave a lot of detailed advice on the aspects that a creator would need to follow to have a high quality profile.

Nicole’s blog gave a lot more focus to blogging and how it has developed. Personally it opened my eyes to how useful this module is in the way that blogging can set you out from the crowd and open a broad range of job opportunities.

So, this topic has been very insightful to me, for both seeing the importance of this module and creating an online professional profile. The blogs that I read this week have given me a lot of good information and tips to start and develop my online profile.

Comments
Zia’s blog
Nicole’s blog

References
Jobvite (2014) Social Recruiting Survey, Available at: https://www.jobvite.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Jobvite_SocialRecruiting_Survey2014.pdf (Accessed: 7th March 2015).