Module Tutors

Lisa SXSC

Lisa is co-Director of the recently launched Web Science Institute, co-chair of the University’s Digital Economy Research Group and an Associate of the Institute for Learning, Innovation and Development (ILIaD).  She looks after the MSc in Digital Marketing in the School of Management . She was previously Course Director of the Brunel MBA at Brunel Business School where she also led a team to develop the UK’s first cross-faculty undergraduate degree programme in e-commerce in 1999. Lisa is a qualified e-tutor for the University of Liverpool online MBA.

She is currently working on the following research projects:

• MOOCs as potential catalysts for disruptive innovation in higher education
  • Integration of digital literacies into the HE curriculum
  • Role of social media in organisational transformation, supporting live events and online community building

To get in touch, please email l.j.harris@southampton.ac.uk, tweet me on www.twitter.com/lisaharris or check out my profiles on “About Me

cris3

My name is Cristina Costa and I am a Lecturer in Lifelong Learning (Technology Enhanced Learning) at the University of Strathclyde, Scotland.  This means I am interested in exploring the effects the web has on our daily and working lives, how it enhances one’s reputation and inspires new forms of participation and contribution. I am an active user of the web as a way of better understanding what it means to be digitally literate.

You can find me on several networks and websites. It suffices to search for my name online 🙂

I look forward to working with you all.

Photo of Olja Rastic-Dulborough

My name is Olja, I am a 3rd year undergraduate in ECS, studying IT in Organisations. I took part in UOSM2008 last year, as an extra curricular, not for credit activity, following my participation in several Digichamp events. I wanted to push myself, as an introvert, to open up more on social media, interact and learn from my peers. My online profile needed some help too. I didn’t expect it to be as much of a transforming experience as it was because I usually prefer to learn by myself. I couldn’t imagine my mind being changed from the initial go at each topic till the summary, but it happened. And it was great.

Then I found out about MOOCs and had an adventure of an internship with CITE last summer, researching motivation of MOOC learners with the team who were working on the Web Science and other University of Southampton FutureLearn MOOCs.

I look forward to sharing my experiences and helping with any technical glitches, in the real world or the virtual one.