Topic 2 = Reflecting on Online Identity

Having a one or more than one online identity in my opinion is a personal choice, but some people sees that as security risks. That makes what point of view you are looking at that. Out of my reading from my classmate blogs I have come a cross a conclusion that some people prefer use social networks like Facebook, Twitter or Google accounts for personal use and where as LinkedIn for professional use. Where my classmates are absolutely right you have right to choose what you would like to do with you accounts, end of day it’s your account so you take responsibilities for it.

As Dilini Explain on her blog that there are companies out there who are hunting for users information for example users likes and dislikes, location, gender etc. that because based on that they can advertise on your profile. So you don’t have right to choose to what adversities you will receive or not. The company will decide what to put on your profile. 

Another blog reading from Aliyu and he spot a very important point I think, if there is a sales assistance know you well and offer you a product that you might like then you fell special about it, if that done by a computer why people talk about it, they fell like it been taking over by a computer, a computer now control your life.

Where I think online users needs to understand that all these companies store users information on their database for reusable purpose. Then it become important to know in what situations they are going to use and why? Does that action will harm your experience at online. All these condition should be explain in term and condition, unfortunately that is very long and boring text therefore we accept that without full reading. 

So my advise would be to my readers is please read the term and conditions and think if that going to effect your experience if not then go ahead use the service. Otherwise find other service provider. Thank you

References 

Aliyu – https://aaaliyu.wordpress.com/2015/02/24/topic-2-a-reflective-summary-on-polycephaly-identities/ 

Dilini – https://dilinisene.wordpress.com/2015/02/22/t2-online-identity-privacy/