In planning how we would implement a LeapIn.it prototype, we agree that we should use similar development environments to prevent any mistakes or unforeseen incompatibilities. We agreed that we would use the following tools:
- Git – allows us to collaborate and manage versions of code
- GitHub – a website where Git repositories can be stored centrally. This ensures our code is always available to all team members.
- Sublime Text – a text editor which provides syntax highlighting and tabs
- bower – a package manager for browser dependencies
- composer – a package manager for PHP dependencies
- Less – simplifies CSS by making it hierarchical
With these points considers, we can now start implementing a LeapIn.it prototype.