This post will give a brief overview of how we plan to market LeapIn.it and how we plan to pitch it to investors.
We have planned to produce some video advertising, which will appear on video streaming website, TV and motion billboards. This will consist of a series of adverts which demonstrate the use of LeapIn.it in different situations.
We have considered three separate adverts, each of which will follow a general storyline. During a 30 second timelapse video, the camera will focus on a particular subject, and a phone will occasionally come into view to scan a QR-code or barcode on the subject. Approximately five phones will be seen in total. Each time a phone appears, a LeapIn.it avatar will appear on the right. This represents a person now in the room for this barcode. On the left, thumbnails of photos being posts in the room will appear. Each time the code is scanned, another avatar will appear on the right, and the rate of posts appearing on the left will increase. Eventually this will cut to a promotional banner for LeapIn.it.
The scenarios will be as follows:
- An event. A poster for a performance at The Nuffield Theatre, Southampton, will be displayed on a wall. This will feature a QR-code. People joining the room will be discussing the performance.
- A place. A flyer for a holiday resort will be shown. This will feature a QR-code. People joining the room will be discussing the resort.
- A book. A book will be shown. This will feature a barcode on the reverse. People joining the room will be discussing to book.
As well as video adverts, we may also sponsor barcodes on particular items. For example, we may sponsor barcodes on particularly popular products, such that there is a common place for people to discuss them. As part of that arrangement, the LeapIn.it logo would be displayed with the barcode.
This part will be concerned with planning a pitch as part of the COMP6051 assessment. The aim is to convince a charitable foundation that our project – LeapIn.it – has some kind of worth (not just making business case).
Form: single representative or whole group (TBD)
Display: Slides and multimedia
Arrangement of time: 10mins
- Novelty of the idea (2 mins)
- our original idea-GameX about sharing gaming experience
- why we decide to use this idea?
- LeapIn.it provides users with a barcode scanner which can be used to access rooms unique to barcodes and QR-codes found on products and promotional material.
- Context of the project (4 mins)
- background research about QR-codes and barcode, Avatar, Virtual World
- Analysis existing system to find the commonly features to make our project unique.
- conduct a survey to know how people use social networks
- Feasibility of the project (3 mins)
- why we choose mobile device-pervasive and popular
- why we choose web as a platform- not restricted by operating system and programing language.
- The architecture of the project
- technical functionalities- APIs and REST, Semantic Web ontology
- display our project- operation or video
- Feature Work (1 min)—-Some functionalities not completed
- allowing more types of media to be posted
- development of apps for other platforms- ipad or Nexus
- privacy messaging etc