Dec 1

Here in Helpdesk we’re continually amazed by the number of lost property items that get handed in to us but never claimed. I guess that people just don’t know we have lost property…

Some items have sat in the drawer for several months now. We’ve got everything from MP3 players to pairs of spectacles. If you think you’ve lost something in the labs, please come and see us. We’re running out of room to put all these USB keys!

If you are coming to collect an item of lost property:

• We will ask to see your ID card to make sure we’re handing property back to the right person.
  • If you’re collecting a USB pen drive or hard disk we will ask what is on the drive so that we can verify that it’s yours.
  • You’ll need to give a reasonably accurate description of the item – just saying “it’s a USB key” doesn’t help us much.

– Toby

one comment so far...

• Teresa Said on December 2nd, 2009 at 10:30:

I’m liking this way of keeping up to date with what is going on in the lab. Thank you for starting it!

I think it’d be a good competition/event/thing if you were to invite guest posts sometimes: Ask a second year computer science student to name 10 things they wish they had known before they started etc. I guess it is not helpdesky, but this could be a hub for that sort of thing.

leave a reply