Movie selection is a taste-related domain where friends (Social Groups and Group Members) influence one another by providing evaluation and advices. In real world, it is time and cost consuming to find friends that they have already seen the movie (to request their opinion) or they have not and you want to propose to them to watch it together.
Our proposed system utilizes the infrastructure provided by Facebook, allowing users to state:
- Movies watched
- Comment movies, cinemas
- The movie they watched
- Suggest movies to friends
- The place they watched the movie (Using Facebook Places Service)
- Make movie groups
- Friend watched the movie with
By using the aforementioned information, the system will be able to:
- Provide movie recommendations
- Narrow it down to specific friends, movie groups, dates, area
- See the movie activity of friends
- Narrow it down to specific friends, movie groups, dates, areas
- See his friends movie recommendation
- W. Woerndl, G. Groh, “Utilizing Physical and Social Context to Improve Recommender Systems“, IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conferences on Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology, 2007.