Posts Tagged System functionality
Last week we ran an open discussion of our project. The focus group of four people critically evaluated our idea and expressed their opinions how to extend and improve proposed system. Invited reviewers considered presented suggestion tool from different points of view: starting from required functionality and technical details and ending with social, legal and economic aspects. Below is a short description of the most interesting ideas and critics expressed during the meeting.
Movie selection is a taste-related domain where friends (Social Groups and Group Members) influence one another by providing evaluation and advices. In real world, it is time and cost consuming to find friends that they have already seen the movie (to request their opinion) or they have not and you want to propose to them to watch it together.
Our proposed system utilizes the infrastructure provided by Facebook, allowing users to state:
- Movies watched
- Comment movies, cinemas
- The movie they watched
- Suggest movies to friends
- The place they watched the movie (Using Facebook Places Service)
- Make movie groups
- Friend watched the movie with
By using the aforementioned information, the system will be able to:
- Provide movie recommendations
- Narrow it down to specific friends, movie groups, dates, area
- See the movie activity of friends
- Narrow it down to specific friends, movie groups, dates, areas
- See his friends movie recommendation
- W. Woerndl, G. Groh, “Utilizing Physical and Social Context to Improve Recommender Systems“, IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conferences on Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology, 2007.
May 2013 M T W T F S S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tags cloudaccessibility issues API Authentication Authorization brainstorming Check-in cinema cinemas collaborative filtering Cross network effect Direct network effect Facebook Facebook Graph API Faceebook Places Graph API HTML5 Indirect network effect java jQuery Mobile location systems Modernizr movie movie recommendations movies movie suggestion network effect non-participation and under-contribution OAuth 2.0 post presentation methods proposed system recommendation systems recommender systems requirements servlet Social Enterprise Social Network Effect social networks API's social networks infrastructure specifications statistics gathering System functionality taste-related domain token trust-based recommendation systems