Fiumicino airport update

Dear all,

Some of you might have seen it in the news- Terminal 3 of Fiumicino burned down about two weeks ago. It’s hard to assess the damage, but it seems safe to assume that those of you scheduled to land in Terminal 3 will be taken to a different terminal. As in reality it is all one building (three parts of which are somewhat aspirationally called different terminals), this shouldn’t cause you difficulties. Three of us flew through Fiumicino since, and it’s just slightly more chaotic than usual, with flights often delayed and longer than usual wait for luggage, but nothing more than that.

It does mean though that we have to move our meeting point from Terminal 3 to Terminal 1. When you come out please make your way to Terminal 1 and a large white column with a ‘Meeting Point’ sign (photo below).

2015-05-11 18.34.03

Federico will be there to meet you, holding a ‘Portus’ sign. Once I have everybody’s arrival info I will send you info on pick up groups, but I don’t expect that anyone will need to wait more than 20min to be picked up. Don’t worry if your flight is delayed or you are stuck waiting for luggage, we’ll track your progress and someone will be there to meet you. In any case we have your contact info, and you have ours as well (in the Logistics post, you might want to have these on you).

For those of you coming via Ciampino, or arriving early and coming into the airport from Rome, instructions on how best to make that transfer can be found in an earlier post here.

Leave a Reply