PATINA Project – high tech on site during the Portus Field School

During the Field School I and my colleague Angeliki Chrysanthi will be conducting related fieldwork for our PATINA research project. This project is exploring the ways in which digital technologies can bridge the divide between real and virtual research environments. One of the things we are exploring is the flow of information around archaeological sites. In previous years we have done this at Portus and at the Neolithic site of Catalhoyuk in Turkey. This season we will be looking at the ways in which accessing audio video notes helps in sharing information about the ongoing excavation at Portus. You can read all about the project in the PATINA case study documentation on the Module Information page. You can also read the relevant Research Ethics documentation. We really hope that you will be interested in participating in this research during your stay in Italy. Any comments or queries please add them here, or email me separately.

Archaeologists at Catalhoyuk wearing Looxcie cameras (Angeliki Chrysanthi – PATINA Project)

Leave a Reply