Zara Shad

Graduation: 2012
Degree: French and Politics
Current Job: NGO. Educational Programming Coordinator at Free the Children.

I studied BA French & Politics from 2008-2012. During my year abroad, I studied at Sciences Po, Lille, where I completed a Diploma of Politics and achieved level C1 of the DALF (Diploma of Advanced French Language).

After graduating from the University of Southampton, I went on to do a two-year Masters course at the University of Edinburgh in MSc International Relations of the Middle East with Arabic from 2012-2014. The course involved intensive study of the Arabic language and a residence abroad in the Arab World. I spent time in Cairo, Egypt and Amman, Jordan, where I studied local dialects, volunteered with local charities and travelled around the region.

Since August 2014 I have been working as an Educational Programming Coordinator at Free The Children, a youth empowerment organisation. Free The Children’s We Act citizenship programme works domestically to empower young people to find a cause that they care about and take tangible positive action to make a difference in their local and global communities.  Through making a difference to the lives of others, students change their own in the process. Free The Children also works internationally to provide long-term sustainability in eight regions across the world.

Connect with Zara on LinkedIn in the ML Career Connections group.

Posted By :