Barton Peveril Girls visit Google!

A couple of weeks ago i arranged for the computing and maths female students at Barton Peveril College. I was at a school on that day so they went with their teacher and had the opportunity to watch a movie about the Eniac and learn about women in technology. They also got a chance to network with women in tech. These students will be coming to the university soon and we look forward to welcoming them. Here is the email from their teacher – Isabel:

Hi Reena

Just a huge thank you for arranging for us to go to Google to see the ENIAC documentary.

It was a great experience for all of us.

I knew nothing about these women programmer who basically invented programming in order to work th ENIAC. It was amazing and inspirational.  Have you seen this film?  If not you should try to.

And to see it at Google was great.  The students I took really appreciated it. Great for them to see so many women in programming as inspiration  All the women we met both from Google and other places were amazing women.

The people at Google were great at including my students even though I don’t think they were the intended audience.

But having said that most of the discussion was about getting more women into computing and really the best place to start is to convince women likes those I took that it is an amazing career that many women do successfully.

Thank you again.

Isabel

PS And the food was amazing too!