Back in the land of the learning

I’m sure that at least three people have said “Happy New Year” to you already, so I don’t need to be the fourth. Enough discussion had been had on the contents of 2010, so I’m not going to waste bytes talking about what “The Next Big Thing” is going to be (and remember, Twitter existed for years before it went “popular”).

Instead, I will spend a few moments creating a tell-all post about the exotic times I had back in the mysterious Netherlands, where bicycles roam untouched by automobiles, and fireworks are set off by little old ladies on New Year’s Day.

I have been reminded by my sojourn home of the things that are there, that I miss and/or are important (hot running water, family Monopoly and company), but am also reminded what wonderful things we have over here, in the beacon of civilisation that is the UK (such as Cheerios, the BBC iPlayer, and an occasional subtle dislike of my slight American accent).

But now, what’s done is done, and I’m back in my room, overlooking for now, a quiet set of halls. No doubt, within a couple of days, again students will move through these roads, like whales through the ocean… or something like that. Maybe dolphins, instead of whales?