Procrastination and Distractions are Still Apparent

The temptation of distraction that I had whilst studying at college seems to have carried over to university quite well. There is always this massive urge to do anything but homework; my head even makes it seem that tidying my room is better. Which is a lie. I just need to be more strict with myself, he says, whilst sitting in his room, writing his blog and listening to house music…

Also, on top of this, many of the symptoms from the fabled socially crippling syndrome, Asperger’s, seem to be coming back and haunting the hell out of me. Now I fully acknowledge that 95% of ECS students have this so-called ‘nerd disease’ – it’s just that I always think I’ve dealt with its effects, then it strikes back in some way which I never expect. For me, obsessive anxiety, psychological and social barriers, and (in the worst cases) actual OCD can arise from this, so it’s a good idea to stop it before it can get started in destroying my life. The question is, how?

Well, many aspects of my attitude seem to have taken a smack in the chops recently, and I believe it could be put down to not getting any more than seven hours of sleep in the last week. For one reason or another, I always stay up too late, and on the odd occasion get up too early. It took a while for me to notice that this could be linked with the concentration, social and anxiety factors of my life which seem so important to me these days. I’m considering hiring someone to dart me at approximately 10.30 every evening.

G’bye

-D.T