Still on Track for My Goal

Got the first semester marks back a week ago; no big surprises, and I am still on track for my goal.

Still haven’t heard back regarding my I-20 application, and the international office at CMU seemingly get swamped with paperwork this time of year so they don’t offer any confirmation of having received them. So it’s all a bit in limbo at the moment. Hopefully it has arrived, as it would be a lot of work getting more copies of the financial papers from my banks!

Modules are going well this semester. I, on purpose, chose modules which are mostly exam evaluated so that I could focus on my project during term. Only the large scale distributed systems module has a coursework, but they made sure to set it quite early so we could have plenty of time to get it done. Some mates and I spent a half day getting through most of the first half, so at least that is out of the way!

It’s obviously getting closer to the end, as this past week I got emails concerning the graduation ball and the graduation itself. Not too fussed about the ball, but I will definitely want to go to my graduation; gown and all!