Group Revision

At last, the end is in sight. Three exams have been beaten back, leaving just maths skulking in the corner, hissing menacingly. Come Tuesday, one of us will be a gibbering wreck. For now, I’ve got two more days to sharpen my lance and work out what in the name of engineering is up with the Laurant expansion.

Maybe I should get the dream-team to explain it to me. On my course, we decided a while back that exams were a beast best conquered as a group. To this end, an ever-changing selection of us have been meeting in the library each day to scratch heads together. This tactic works very well (I certainly wouldn’t have got through Communications II without assistance) except for one tiny detail: the weather.

Even in cool conditions, the group-study rooms can “mature” somewhat after having been in them for a few hours. In the recent spell of hot weather, with no openable windows, no excuse to leave the door open (we can be a little noisy), and eight people trapped in a glass box pouring sweat… Well, the best advice is not to leave at all. After being out in the library proper for a while, returning to the room is like running into a wall of smell.

Maybe I’ll take a peg to today’s session.