End of Exams

End of exams!

It’s the end of exams! Yay! Whilst as first years they might not count towards our final degree classification, we all still wanted to do well and getting used to a new exam system is always daunting, so it’s a great relief now they’re over. And I don’t think they went too badly either, which is good. Logic and Maths were both fine, but there was a nasty surprise in our next paper, as it had been made 25% longer than in previous years, but in the same amount of time. I would tell you the name of the paper, but since the exam one of my friends has banned those words from ever being said again! (But if you really want to know, just take a look at my last blog…) Finally, the exam most thought was going to be hardest, Solid State Electronics, turned out to be the easiest. Strange how that can happen, but there we go. Some cynics suggested it was probably because (as we are constantly being reminded) last years’ students really messed up that module, but I’m sure it’s just because we are just such a good year hehe 🙂 We shall all find out how we really did in a month or so. Fingers crossed!

The rest of this week has been a chance to relax and unwind as we have no more scheduled activities until the start of Semester 2 next Monday! A lot of people (myself included) have taken the opportunity to pop back home for a few days and it’s been good seeing family and old school friends. I went back to my old school yesterday and played with a music group I set up there, as well as visiting a Y13 Electronics lesson. It seems strange to think I was in their shoes less than a year ago because so much has happened since I arrived in Southampton; your eyes are really opened to the world here. I’m looking forward to learning even more in the second half of the year!