The Results Are In…

The Results Are In…

Last time I blogged I had just returned from my assessment day for the Undergraduate of the Year Awards, and now I know the outcome……I’M THROUGH TO THE FINAL 10!!! *breathe* Wow! These last few weeks have been becoming increasingly crazy, but in an absolutely stunning, incredible way! According to official UCAS figures, there were 456,627 students starting university courses at the same time as me, so statistically there was a 0.00218% chance of me making it this far, which, apparently, is roughly the same chance of being struck by lightning in any given year. I’ll make sure not to stand near any tall trees next time I head out…

For the final stage of the competition I have to deliver a 5-minute presentation to the heads of the selection process, detailing exactly why I should win. It’s always a difficult balance to achieve when answering such questions, as you obviously need to sell yourself well, but equally don’t want to come across as being arrogant. I’ve given my speech a lot of thought over the last couple of days and think I’m nearly there now. I’ll spend the rest of the week refining it further, before heading up to London this Thursday, for what will no doubt be an extremely tense few minutes! I’ll then get to go to an awards ceremony in April when the winner will be announced – wish me luck!

In other news, we’ve just completed the final UCAS visit day for this year – it was great to meet so many of you over the last few months and best of luck to all of you who received an offer; I hope your exams go well in the summer and we’ll meet again come September! And speaking of exams, Semester I exam results were released this Friday, and I did even better than in my first year, so I’m absolutely delighted! What was I was saying about these last few weeks becoming ever more surreal…!