We’re Back!

Trust me, if I had thought a year back that I would be writing this then my past self would have wanted to stab my future self, but in spite of myself I have to say – I really missed Southampton. After a break of almost 4 months, it’s amazingly amazing to be back.

Right now, I have given up the comforts of living in a university hall and have taken up the challenge to dwell in a nice antique house. I am calling it antique because it really is. The central heating does not work, so does the oven, the microwave insists on un-cooperating while overheating our food and the man who was supposed to fix the washing machine, saw it and ran away. In spite of all this, I am having tremendous fun with my flatmates and a so far friendly co dweller – a rat. We are sharing an “It’s complicated” relationship with it, we all want to kill it but somehow no one can manage to buy rat poison.

I’m sorry I didn’t blog last semester. You might say I was too busy enjoying myself, but to everyone who complained about it – Thank you. I really did not know that you really read. The second semester was way more interesting than the first one. I really liked all the modules (expect one- I can’t tell you which one for obvious reasons!) I had the opportunity to meet Sir Tim Berners- Lee (one of the perks of being an ECS blogger!). I worked for the Career’s Fair – we were actually paid for having fun, getting awesome food, whole lot of free stuff and honestly there wasn’t much to do 😀

Let’s see how this semester goes. I heard from my seniors that it is going to be really tough (but they had said the same about Data Structures and Algorithms and I really enjoyed the module), so I hope it is the same kind of tough. As for now, I am looking for a part time job. If you are one of those amazingly kind people who have jobs to give away (or if you are those ultra cool people who know of such kind people), then please please let me know. As for all the Freshers who have come to study here – have the time of your lives as the greater minds of ECS will soon make your lives enthralled and entwined with courseworks and tests!!