Device Recognition Project Progresses
Sorry we went away for a while, for those of you who are keenly following our progress (and we know there has to be at least one person in the world who is) you will be pleased to know that our project has developed much further since we last posted.
We now have device recognition working allowing detection of a device anywhere within our ZIF socket, this combined with the fluffy Character User Interface (CUI) should hopefully make our unit completely idiot-proof (something that we know will be desirable to the ECS teaching lab as first years will be expected to use it).
The fourth year project has proved to consist of a lot of work, however we did consider it necessary to take last Tuesday afternoon off in order to watch the mechanical dinosaur (called Bertha) eat the last of the Mountbatten building. Fortunately upon completion of the demolition a large piling machine (or mini earthquake maker) was brought in, with this vibrating the whole of the Zepler Building I can honestly say that my productivity was greatly increased. (Now the only distraction we have to endure depends on what Hugh ate last night).
We’re starting to near the second progress presentation in which we hope to demonstrate an almost fully working unit. Until then we are continuing to develop our PC software and sorting our code in to blocks that we can read and more importantly our examiner can (which we assume will be a good thing). Hope all is well out there in the real world.
Your friendly chums in GDP group 6
Leave a Reply