How to Decide Where to Study

System.out.println(“Hello World”); *

And that’s how you start your career in software engineering! Among the many good decision that I have made in my life, l would rather say – short life 😉 one was to join software engineering and the other was to choose ECS for my MSc!

I have an odd habit to delay an important decision unless I have gained all the essential knowledge needed to make that decision. When it came to continue my MSc in Software Engineering, I had to consider and confront a lot of factors. UK has many good universities where QoE (Quality of Education) is simply fantastic. So, with all these options, choices and factors, I had to cross out some top-of-the-list universities in order to choose just one and frankly speaking, l went mad!

I hope you understand the situation which one has to pass through to choose a university. It gets worst when you are an international student. You don’t know the ground realities and pretty much puzzled with the education system (I googled to know what 2:1 means!). All that you can get your hands on are the ranking lists. It’s just like trying to break an encrypted message without having the tools 😉 So, I took a long time (as usual) to decide where to study. And it gives me immense pleasure to say that I took the right decision!

Anyway, I am more than happy to be here at ECS. The quality of teaching, research and professional help is far better than my expectations. You will be surprised to see what ECS academics and staff do to make your student life easier. I will give some realistic and inside views about ECS, on-going activities in ECS and other interesting stuff. Just wait a couple of weeks and check back again on this blog!

* Please note that it’s a Java statement. You might have written it in another language but I believe that the output was the same!