Friends in high places!

Meeting Richard Hammond (Top Gear, Braniac, etc), scoring one-hundred percent in two courseworks and landing a job as an assistant programmer for the back-office in retail outlets; guess the connection.

When I met Hammond (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bOuQAtJF9o#t=3m46s), I decided to ask him an obscure question which hasn’t been asked before: “Do you like guitar hero? I’ve made a 2D version if you’re interested.” His response was “Err… is that on Wii? Anyway, I don’t have time and besides, I play bass!” Furthermore, I was the only one* who scored one-hundred percent in my first programming coursework, and as result of helping one of my friends out with their programming, I landed a job working for a retail software company!

I’ve nearly survived this semester; just kidding, it’s not that bad here. But really, if you’re aiming for anything higher than a basic pass, you really need to knuckle down and work hard. I’m confident I will get at least a 2:1 for this semester (that’s about a B grade), but obviously, I want a First**.

Being back in Southampton has involved mostly work, with the exception of having seen Avatar in 3D yesterday (I recommend this film) and having a few cocktails at Que Pasa – which was really nice. I have promised myself I will just relax loads after my last exam, which is Discrete Maths. I won’t lie: Discrete Maths is hard. It’s got some of the most obscure concepts you’ll come across, like for example, real numbers have a larger infinity than integer numbers. See what I mean?

* – As far as I know. Also I got a one-hundred percent for my personal website.
** – “Your first year doesn’t count” – true, but it gives you a head-start for next year.