Why are we waiting?

Still waiting for the exam results and module marks from last semester, they should be available by the end of this week or beginning of next one. It’s always torture having to wait for marks that could make such a difference. Even though I have been offered a place by CMU, they require that my final results be of an acceptable nature, so I can’t rest quite yet 🙂

Project is coming along nicely. Been able to do a lot of implementation the past few weeks, and have now started work on a user evaluation application. Prior to any activity that will involve people and gathering of data, ECS students are recommended to hand in an application to the ECS Ethics Committee. They make sure that all the planned activities, surveys and storage of the data is done in an ethical and secure way. Basically, treat people well, give them fair warning what they are about to participate in and make sure to keep their data secure afterwards.

On another note, I got my I-20 application sent off to CMU. Once that has (hopefully) been approved, I will be able to start on my student visa application. Not sure how long time the process is going to take, so I figured I might as well get cracking on it right away.