EE Zepler Prize

EE Zepler Prize

Wow, incredible, amazing – I’m simply stunned. I’ve just been told I have won the EE Zepler Prize for achieving the top mark of all the students on my course last year! I can’t believe it! I knew I had done well and got good marks, but I had no idea how I compared to anyone else, so to discover this now, well, I’m actually speechless…

…Fast forward a few days and there was an informal prize-giving ceremony for all the winners across all ECS courses and years. The Head of School presented the awards, and it was very interesting to hear that he himself was an undergraduate here many years ago, and that in his time he too won the very same prize I just have. He told us that many years later when he was applying for jobs people still picked that out off of his CV, which is a real boost considering I’m just in the process of applying for summer placements at the moment. With so many people achieving incredible A-Levels these days, it’s not always easy to try and stand out, so hopefully this will help. Wish me luck!

Aside from this, term is whizzing by at a rate of knots – I can’t quite believe I’ve been back for nearly two months now. Fortunately, after the absolutely manic start to the term that I wrote about last time, things have calmed down slightly, giving us all a chance to catch our breath! That’s not to say it’s been easy though – we still do have a load of work when compared to most courses, just by the standards set at the start of the year it’s currently very manageable! I think it is going to pick up again now though, as we have the third big design exercise (designing and building a multi-stage amplifier) at the end of this week, complete with another massive report! Speaking of which, I should really go and do some more simulations…