Time flies…

It has already been over a month since I arrived in UK. Time flies when I’m still busy with my coursework and studies. Though this is the first time I’m in UK, settling down doesn’t take much time for me as the university provides excellent student service and accommodation for international students. However, I find myself having to work really hard to keep up with the lectures. Studying in the School of Electronics and Computer Science means that I’ll be having labs every week, not to mention a total of 6 modules for semester 1.

One particular module that I find really interesting is the self-study mathematics course for semester 1. Basically there is no lecture in this course. We have the freedom to organise our studies and progress at our own pace. There are workshops available just in case we need any help.

The structure of this course is simply brilliant! I can study the modules at my own time and take the corresponding test when I’m well prepared. It’s just so flexible and convenient.

During the marking of the tests, I have plenty of chances to clear any doubt I have in my mind and to really make sure I grasp a concept in mathematics. The tests are being done in such a way that understanding of the students is highly emphasized which is really helpful to students with a different education background in Math.

Having done IB Diploma before and with some basics in Math, I managed to complete the whole course by week 5. I’m generally happy with my progress and how the course is run. Having done that, the double periods Monday and Wednesday timetabled for the course Math1013 are officially free for me to allocate for other usage.