Mazars: an introduction

This post was written by BSc Accounting and Finance w/placement student, Toby Sayers

For the academic year 2016/17, I will be the Brand Ambassador for Mazars UK at the University of Southampton. In this role, I will be the point of contact for many students in the University, should they have any questions about Mazars as a company, what they can offer or even who they are. Representing Mazars on campus, jobs include promoting activities, internships and assisting with making students more employable.

It's my job to represent Mazars on campus

It’s my job to represent Mazars on campus

So, who are Mazars?

Mazars are one of Europe’s largest accounting firms, reaching globally and ever increasing in size and stature. Employing over 17,000 people and stretching across 77 countries, Mazars can offer a career a wide range of service lines.

• Specialises in Audit, Tax and Advisory
  • Also offers Legal and Accountancy services
  • 19 offices in the UK
  • The 8th largest accountancy firm in the UK (by audit fee income)
  • Widely international company
  • Acts for 17% of the FTSEurofirst 100
  • Audits more FT Global 500 than any non ‘Big four’ firm

Why would I be interested in Mazars?

Mazars are an ever-growing company that continuously looks to take on new, fresh minded individuals.

To do this, Mazars offers a large range of industrial and summer placements, and has plenty of vacancies left across the UK in Audit, Tax, Advisory and many more. In these, Mazars can improve upon your technical and analytical skills, while letting you thrive in the working environment.

How can I apply?

If Mazars interests you, visit http://bit.ly/MazgradSTN for more information about the firm, and how to apply. Should you have any further questions or would like help with your application, Mazars will be at the careers fair on the 20th October – I will be there along with an employee from Mazars. Should you have any questions, contact:

Toby Sayers