Open Data Internship – Week 8 – Life Serial

Excluding merges, 1 author has pushed 18 commits to master and 18 commits to all branches. On master, 5 files have changed and there have been 365 additions and 435 deletions.

The last week has flown by and whlist I have been working I cant pin down anything of value to write about, so instead I shall run through the boring stuff. I have continued working on my data maintenance tool, implementing sorting, filtering and saving, as well as a number of validation checks. I have tied, commented and generally made nice the code, keeping it as data-independent as possible. As a result the tool is basically finished now, there exist two issues, both of which arise from outside my code and fixing them looks like it would take more time and effort than is reasonable.

In addition to this there was an open data meeting where the issue of how to encourage greater use of the data and services provided, no real progress was made on that issue yet. However this week there will be a meeting of all the open data people, me and another intern to discuss how to implement some ideas they have been working on for a while. Specifically how to implement these ideas to have the greatest effect on engagement of undergrads with the open data service.

Posted in Uncategorized.

Tagged with .

0 Responses

Stay in touch with the conversation, subscribe to the RSS feed for comments on this post.

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.