So long and thanks for all the triples…

After just under a decade of being with the ECS systems team, I’ll be moving on to something new.

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the last 10 years of working with some incredibly smart individuals, both within academia and the systems team.

ECS has never ceased to be an exciting an innovative place to work, I’m very sad to be leaving, especially at a time when [open|big|semantic|private|public|leaked] data is really starting to take off. It’s one of the few institutions where open data has been values and used both in research, and as part of the core systems infrastructure.

I’m proud to have been part of the open data initiative and data.southampton.ac.uk, and look forward to seeing where it goes next, especially as more and more academic institutions over here follow suit.

As of next week, I’ll be joining the team at Garlik, working alongside several other ECS graduates, using semantic web technologies (many of which were pioneered here) in the Real World™.

They were recently accquired by Experian, so should be plenty of interesting times and opportunities ahead, and I’m sure I can handle just one more re-org…

I’ll still be based in Southampton, so expect to see most of you around the place still, all the best,

Dave Challis

Posted in Uncategorized.

0 Responses

Stay in touch with the conversation, subscribe to the RSS feed for comments on this post.

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.