There is a short list of things to do to the site which have been agreed. These are shown below…
- Multiple Trial Governance has been done, but is awaiting approval.
- SuperUser Governance – Still waiting for the questions, but otherwise the framework is in place
- File I/O – I need to track down and talk to the EdShare people about this
- Migrate Path – Current writing code to export and import the whole dataset, trial templates and trial instances
- User Management – Pending
- Fields – Pending, also need to review the questions and work out which field types are missing and which need improving
Multiple Trial Overview
Justin made his way up to Stanmore to try and deploy the current ‘release’ of VRIC on the final production server, and also to get a copy of the previous databases.
The SQL Server database installed without a glitch, and so the VRIC software has a place to store the trial data. Sadly, the battle with IIS was less successful. Justin was unable to get the install of IIS to serve up the VRIC website. The server would just return HTTP 404 errors instead, even when requesting a simple static HTML file. Using the internal webserver that is part of the Django development ‘kit’, the site was visible and could be used.
Justin is to write a document explain what the requirements are for installing and configuring the VRIC software, this shall be sent a IT guy at Stanmore who hopefully well be able to get the site up and running. Otherwise Justin will have to make more trips to get this working.
Extracting previous databases
This was managed without a problem, Justin has the SQL scripts required to build the databases on Soton local systems. These shall be checked in to SVN for all project members to access. The schema of this databases will be review and a method for combine these with the VRIC database shall be developed.
We now have documentation from Simon on both RCT and Student trials so these can be implemented in the system. Current we have got the old ORBS trial type and student trial done. Work on the over all governance has started and is a work in progress.