Topic 3: Reflection.

This topic was a bit of a challenge for me as I have never personally been inclined into making my self internet known. Using MaTTcom as an example made me appreciate people who put effort into their online profile even more. After reading other people’s blogs I soon realise how naive I was into thinking that the popularity is a lot, if not totally, luck based. The topic also allowed me to appreciate authenticity in general and how hard people work to be authentic in an already diverse online culture.

My comment on Andy’s blog approached the topic in a different manner. I initially had an impression that the process of making yourself presentable online essentially removes a lot of freedom that the internet was made for. Andy made a good point in his reply that the process does restrict freedom in a way but it also works to our advantage.

My second comment was on Pippa’s blog on how she identified not being ambiguous as important in developing an authentic profile. My questioned stemmed from the many internet celebrities that get critically analysed from time to time from just not making themselves clear enough. This video is a recent example that I have encountered where hip hop star Kanye West gets into a verbal altercation with host Sway in a radio talk show. The comments from the video from youtube and other websites caught my attention more than the argument itself. People even went as far as diagnosing West as having Psychological issues. Be concise people.

References:

My comment on Andy’s blog

Andy’s reply to my comment 

My comment on Pippa’s blog

Kanye West’s argument with Sway