New Recruits.

I thought we would do a little Q&A session and catch up with our two new recruits before their first game this Saturday 8th February, 2pm in the Jubilee… make sure you don’t miss it!

Firstly, after the huge success of our girl’s team this Wednesday, I have decided to shine the spotlight, against his wishes, on our dear coach Jon Pickering; who will now be helping both the Women’s and Men’s teams this season, as he was signed on the buzzer to strengthen our  Men’s National League squad.

• Favorite Team: Canterbury Crusaders.  Okay so they’re a rugby team…
  • All-time Favorite Player:  Elana Della Donne. Youtube her! Or Rimas Kurtaitis. Wikipedia him.
  • Number of Years Experience: 22.  Born balling!
  • Years Coaching: As long as I’ve been playing always got advice to give
  • Highest Level of Basketball Played: A mountain in Rwanda.  Really high.  At least 8,000 feet. [Funny one he is…]
  • Favorite Basketball Memory:  Creating all my teammates in NBA Live 99 and going unbeaten!  I got banned from the computer after one season though.
  • Favorite Basketball Moment You Were Involved in:  I won a free throw contest as Fleming Park during a Solent game when I was 6!!

Now for our fresher Shiloh Santoori, who has had a great start to the season, leading the score sheet every game, and will now be stepping up to enhance the Men’s National League hopes.

• Favourite Team: Los Angeles Lakers
  • All-time Favourite Player: Kobe Bryant
  • Number of Years Experience: 5 Years
  • Highest Level of Basketball Played: Hong Kong Men’s League
  • Favourite Basketball Memory: During game 6 of the nba finals in 1974. It was Milwaukee Bucks against the Boston Celtics. It was double overtime and Kareem Abdul Jabbar had debatably one of his best sky hooks in his career by putting the bucks up 102-101 with 3 seconds left in double OT
  • Favorite Basketball Moment You Were Involved in: When I was in my school league back in Hong Kong and it was the semi final game and we had a horrible first half yet came back and won that game by 10 points. Very good team basketball game.

And there you have it, a little introduction to our new recruits who I’m sure will be great additions to the National League team.

Good luck on Saturday boys, make sure you join the facebook event here!