Our Blackboard login page often features images of the University of Southampton campuses. With four front end servers we use four different photos at any time. Which one you see depends on how busy each server is, you are always sent to the server which is least busy.
Following Rob Massey’s tweet we wanted to let you know that we welcome any contributions to the pool of photos we use as long as they meet the following criteria:
– Image must be 1920×1200 resolution
– File size to be 225kb
– No identifiable people in shot
Entries can be submitted by email to email@example.com or via twitter @uos_mle
– The Login box is centred at the top of the page, you will need to compose around it!
– Any campus is eligibile, Winchester School of Art, National Oceanographic Centre, Avenue Campus and Southampton General Hospital South Academic Block are welcome subjects as well as Highfield Campus!
– If taking a photo using the rule of thirds, the middle, upper, third will be obscured by the logon box
– The image must be your own work
– You retain copyright of your own images
– The image must not depict the university negatively
– Any images submitted may be used indefinetly on any Blackboard server (including internal testing servers) without payment
– The image will not be used with any other University services without your consent
In the Summer of 2012 we held a photo comptetion for the Blackboard login page, you can see who won here: http://www.southampton.ac.uk/isolutions/computing/elearn/blackboard/student/winners2012/