Here’s Rhys Thomas, a BSc Accounting and Finance student currently on his placement, talking about his experience with CVs. Watch the short video to find out what he learned during the placement application process and what his advise is to all those currently searching for placements.
Here’s a recap of Rhys’ top advice:
- CV gets you to an interview, and you secure the job in the interview
- CV should always evolve as you gain more experience; work hard to gain experience that adds value to your CV
- Make sure your CV has the key information in it, but don’t make it too long or you risk employers not reading it
- Your CV should be formatted so that it’s easy to read
- Be confident in your own CV – don’t worry about it!