Here are the discussed topics from today’s eCert project monthly meeting.
* Review of the first workshop and its affect:
- feedbacks from the workshop
- skype meeting with Andy from Digitary
- Tao’s draft paper for the differents between the Digitary and the eCert system, we would like to ask Andy as co-author.
* We are through the first round of selections for the ALT-C national conference at Nottingham in September, we are now waiting for the final confirm. we plan to run our second workshop there.
* We have email from Chris that the eWork project is interested in eCert, Chris will let us know once the connection is formed.
* The eFolio system
- is running in the Psychology department in our university
- we have contacted the developer, Alex, and has been introduced to the system
- further inversgate of how eCert can be used in eFolio will be carried out soon
- the education department may also has an ePortfolio system running
* The GDP for eCert in ePortfolio
- we are going to put in an application for a group of four masters-level students to implement the eCert code within an ePortfolio system
- we have two choices of the ePortfolio system: “Mahara”, an open source ePortfolio system, or the eFolio, our home-brewed ePortfolio system
* We have been allocated a top quality student as a funded summer intern, to take the eCert code and implement it in a mobile phone-based identity application
* Review of project progress
- project is running as planed
- budget tracking
- Tao may have been located too much work – this needs review