There are a vast number of great events on offer over the next few months. The AD Network has our “Valorisation of Animal By-Products” event for both researchers and industry who are interested in ways of creating value from such products. The event is at Longleat Forest, Warminster, Wiltshire on 7 Mar 18 and will be followed by an optional visit to Malaby Biogas where they put animal by-products through anaerobic digestion. Register here.
- ALGAEUROPE 2017, Berlin. 5-7th December 2017. This will be a unique opportunity for all stakeholders to be up-dated on the recent industrial developments in the field with an overview of European initiatives. Keynote presentations and panel discussion will provide a high quality forum for discussion and information exchange. See: http://algaeurope.org/conference-program-2017/ .
- The European Mineral Fertilizer Summit, Amsterdam. 6-7th December 2017. See: www.wplgroup.com/aci/event/european-mineral-fertilizer-summit/ .
- BioBase4SME Workshop: LCA – wanted, needed, but truly understood? Düsseldorf, 7th December 2017. See: http://www.nweurope.eu/projects/project-search/bio-innovation-support-for-entrepreneurs-throughout-nwe-regions/events/biobase4sme-workshop-lca-wanted-needed-but-truly-understood/ .
- HVCfP: Introduction to Drug Discovery, University of York. 11th December 2017. See: https://hvcfp.net/events/introduction-to-drug-discovery/ .
- Biochemical Society training day: Shaping your career in molecular biosciences: taking a wider view, Queen Mary University of London. 15th January 2018. See: www.biochemistry.org/Events .
- Phyconet: UK Microalgal Biotechnology: Creating A Unified Vision, Cambridge. 1st February 2018. See: http://www.phyconet.org.uk/event/uk-microalgal-biotechnology-creating-unified-vision .
- Biogaz Europe 2018, Nantes, France.7/8th February 2018. See: https://biogaz-europe-2018.b2match.io/ .
- HVCfP: “Plant cell cultures: production of high value chemicals”, Edinburgh. 28th February 2018. See: https://hvcfp.net/events/plant-cell-cultures/ .
- 2nd International Conference on Marine Biomass as Renewable Energy, Glasgow. 5-6th March 2018. See: www.asranet.co.uk/Conferences/MBRE .
- Crossing Biological Membranes – Introduction to Industrial Biotechnology – Short Course, CPI. 6-8th March 2018. Registration Closes 15th December 2017. See: http://cbmnetnibb.group.shef.ac.uk/events/crossing-biological-membranes-introduction-to-industrial-biotechnology-short-course-2/ .
- The Industrial Biotechnology Forum 2018, TUM, Garching, Germany. 13-14th March 2018. See: http://ibf-conference.org/ .
- ChemEng Day UK 2018: Molecules to Manufacturing, University of Leeds. 27/28th March 2018. See: http://www.chemengdayuk.co.uk/ .
- HVCfP: “Application of industrial biotechnology to the identification and recovery of high value products from plant waste material”, Colworth Park, Bedfordshire. 10th April 2018. See: https://hvcfp.net/events/application-of-ib-to-high-value-products-from-plant-waste/ .
- The Microbiology Society Annual Conference 2018, ICC Birmingham. 10-13th April 2018. See: www.microbiologysociety.org/event/annual-conference/annual-conference-2018.html .
- IBIC 2018, Venice. 15-18th April 2018. See: http://www.aidic.it/ibic2018/venue.php .
- The Astbury Conversation, Leeds. 16-17th April 2018. The second biennial Astbury Conversation aims to bring together leading researchers from across the globe to discuss the most recent progress in the field of structural molecular biology in its broadest sense. See: www.astburyconversation.leeds.ac.uk .
- The 11th annual International Biomass Conference & Expo, Atlanta, GA. 16/18th April 2018. See: http://www.biomassconference.com/ema/DisplayPage.aspx?pageId=The_Conference .
- The EFB Microbial Physiology Section 4th Microbial Stress meeting, Kinsale, Ireland. 23-25th April 2018. See: http://www.efb-central.org/index.php/microbial_stress/ .
- The 5th International Conference on Renewable Energy Gas Technology, REGATEC 2018, Toulouse, France – 3/4th May 2018. See: http://regatec.org/ .
- EUBCE – 26th World Biomass Conference and Exhibition, Copenhagen, Denmark. 14-18th May 2018. See: http://www.eubce.com
- 14th International Conference on Renewable Resources and Biorefineries, Ghent, Belgium. 30th May – 1st June 2018. See: http://www.rrbconference.com/welcome .
- 18th European Congress on Biotechnology, Geneva, Switzerland. 1-4th July 2018 See: http://www.ecb2018.com/abstracts/submission-guidelines .
- 7th EuCheMS Chemistry Congress – Molecular frontiers & global challenges, Liverpool. 26–30th August 2018. The deadline for submission of oral abstracts will be 29 January 2018 and for posters will be 16 April 2018. See: www.euchems2018.org .
- GlycoBioTechnology 2018, Manchester. 3-4th September 2018.See: http://ibcarb.com/events/#upcomingevents .
- BioProNET’s 5th Annual Science Meeting, London. 10-11th October 2018. BioProNET’s flagship Annual Science Meeting will be held on October 10-11th 2018 at British Medical Association House, Central London. See: http://biopronetuk.org/category/events/ .
EMBL COURSE: Microbial Communities: Modelling Meets Experiment, Heidelberg, Germany 3 – 7th December 2018. See: www.embl.de/training/events/ .
Free on-line courses are gaining in popularity and a great way to get a taster of a related field. Why not check out Futurelearn? Courses include Biochemistry: the Molecules of Life; Energy, the Environment and Our Future; Elements of Renewable Energy; Climate Change: The Science…See: www.futurelearn.com